Author Topic: you won't believe this !  (Read 603 times)

Ian Walne

you won't believe this !
« on: January 06, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »
Just got back from a run with the Conwy (N.Wales) club, from Anglesey on various dry roads with sunshine ending up in Rhyl where the club have for many years put on a small bike display and collected
donations for various charities. Our big mistake was to park in the normal place which is now a pedestrianised area.(It probably has been for some time but we were told by club marshalls that all was in order). The North Wales Police response was immediate and draconian with four police cars around us and the
force helicopter hovering overhead. We were threatened with prosecution by a hysterical policewoman aged 12 and moved on .We assume no prosecutions took place due to our numbers. No members of the public were inconvenienced and several passers by voiced disgust at the situation.

So If you are coming to the Dragon expect a warm welcome from the Traffic Taliban !

Bill Rutter

Re: you won't believe this !
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »
I would normally suggest a strong letter to "Spider" the Druid (Mr. Brunstrum) but think it will get you anywhere unfortunately. Haven't they got any burglaries or robberies to solve rather than pester people trying to do a bit of good? It's not as though there crime solving figures are right up there is it? Nazis!

Richard

• Always wear protection
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
Don't you think that "Nazis" is a bit much.

Genocidal maniacs with a racist attitude problem.  No.

By all means slag them off, but they're not Nazis.

Though come to think of it they are wearing Black Shirts.  Just like Mosleys lot.........

Richard
Note to Self: Shiney side goes UP.

Dave#22

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
Thanks for occupying the North Wales Police today, we (a small group of us) went from the Wirral to Tan Y Grisiau (Ffestiniog) and back seeing only one unattended Police car parked in Ruthin.....not a bad day for January.
    Dave

pigafetta

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »
Doesn't surprise me at all. I was going to a funeral a couple of months back, I guess there was around 50 or 60 bikes. We'd all pulled over in Colwyn Bay, well out of the way of any traffic or pedestrians or whatever to wait for the hearse and the family cars to get sorted and pull ot from a side road so that we could follow. We were there about 10 minutes at the most during which time we must have been passed at least 5 times by police cars. The last time was a big van which stopped and several of Herr Brunstrums burliest blackshirts got out. They gave us one minute to move despite our explanation and polite request to give us just another minute. There was simply no reasoning with them and they looked like they were getting itchy tazer fingers so we had to go. I'm constantly being told that North Wales police are supposed to be improving community relations and supporting local law-abiding folk. Apparently not all of them.

I'm surprised they didn't scramble that bloody helecopter that seem to fly about 3 foot over my rooftop at 2am every night.

Dave B

guest40

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 01:47:43 AM »
Our West Australian Police Force has been kept very busy the last few days shadowing about 100 of the Gypsy Jokers who are doing a national run with interstate and international visitors around Perth, outlying towns and off to the eastern states. This includes fixed wing aircraft, local area cars and a speacial "outlaw" group from Perth. This can be a benefit, as we know where most of the outlaws are and the cops as well.  No doubt the other outlaw groups will be monitoring the progess of the circus across a couple of thousand kays. The superintendent pointed out it should give the general public confidence that they are out there doing their job protecting them.

for the two days so far, there were 5 infringements, 4 for drugs and a confiscation of a knife.