Author Topic: You've been framed  (Read 1201 times)

guest7

You've been framed
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »
So my sidecar bike finally snapped its frame and I had to trudge to the garage to dig out another one.

I don't won't to worry anyone but before declaring the 'new' frame suitable for the purpose I had to use Propane, an anvil, a hammer and a long metal pole. Then I decided to alter one of the things that has been bugging me for years so the angle grinder came out to play too.

Who knows where it will end?

That's about the sum total of my biking lately. Anyone else got the end of summer blues yet?

GC

guest27

Re: You've been framed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 11:08:51 PM »
.... well there aint no cure for those end of summer blues....

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 06:55:03 AM »
Yep, first morning ride to work for over two weeks on wednesday and I fitted the quilted liner in the jacket, got out the thermal buff and stuck my winter gloves on :-(   I know we're a long way off muffs and heated grips, but we're heading that way.

Look on the bright side though, all my favourite twisty roads will soom be free of power rangers :-)
Live long, live well, live happy

guest7

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 07:54:08 AM »
.... well there aint no cure for those end of summer blues....
The funny thing is, when I read that I hummed "dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah dah" (the guitar chords after that line in the Eddie Cochran song you alluded to).

It's a bad thing to have this rock and roll in your blood. Every day when, on Radio 4, before announcing the financial news they say "In the city" I always finish the line from the Jam song:
"(in the city) there's a thousand things I want to say to you"
Sung at the top of my voice like a music mad 17 year old.

GC

Richard 003

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:52:23 PM »
So my sidecar bike finally snapped its frame and I had to trudge to the garage to dig out another one.

How do you keep snapping these frames?? Should I be worried? ;-)

guest18

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:16:34 PM »
Yep, first morning ride to work for over two weeks on wednesday and I fitted the quilted liner in the jacket, got out the thermal buff and stuck my winter gloves on :-(   

Big girls blouse ;-p
;)

Steve Lake

• Dyslexics have more nuf
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:22:33 PM »
sounds like you've lost your marbles mate............................oh, sorry I forgot.................you have!  :-)

guest7

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 06:24:32 AM »

"keep snapping frames"? I'm not sure two breakages in ten years indicates a worrying trend.

I'd say riding everywhere like a clown with the sidecar weighed down with building materials probably didn't help. I'm not sure it's a warning I could pass on to others though: 'Don't ride every day for years with all your tools, bags of sand, bricks, wood and other heavy items in the chair'.

GC

Jethro

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »

Well they have been known to rot through the front down tube !!!!

Jethro

Andy M

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 07:55:48 PM »

I don't won't to worry anyone but before declaring the 'new' frame suitable for the purpose I had to use Propane, an anvil, a hammer and a long metal pole. Then I decided to alter one of the things that has been bugging me for years so the angle grinder came out to play too.

Who knows where it will end?

That's about the sum total of my biking lately. Anyone else got the end of summer blues yet?

GC

Summer blues? Sorry to be ****ed and cheerful, but the MZ's a hoot, the Bonneville is now loaded and ready for our jaunt to Hannover,Berlin, Colditz and Heidelburg (starting tomorrow on the Hull ferry) and the Timothy Taylors is flowing nicely. Two weeks of German beer, huge steaks and 2000 miles of the Bonneville for me.

To really put the boot in, I even got chance to try the Zed with the winter luggage and bar muffs and knock up the basis of some fibre glass leg shields for the winter rally season, all during a particularly decent skive off work!

Sorry GC, feel free to call me a total barstead;-))

Hope the frame-ectomy works out ok.

Andy

Richard 003

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 06:44:14 PM »

"keep snapping frames"? I'm not sure two breakages in ten years indicates a worrying trend.

It's pretty much a 100% record, isn't it? If I were your GB outfit I'd be ringing in sick about now ;-)