Author Topic: POTD 27/01/08  (Read 1819 times)

• Stalwart(TM)
POTD 27/01/08
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
I've been along that road !

Along the way we entered a tunnel in sunshine,came out the other side and there was several feet of snow either side ! :-\

As we got closer and started down the switch back road,one of many in Norway.
We found ourselves looking down on the Town and in the Fjiord a full blown Cruise Liner,quite close to shore.
And they looked tiny from the top of the road.
Stayed in a Hytter at the top,looking down and out across the Fjiord.
Found an impressive waterfall too,one that you could walk behind.

Ah ! Happy Days !
Like to go back to Norway oneday.

Jethro
Cooey
Martini-Greener GP
Lee Enfield
ELG

Mart

Re: POTD 27/01/08
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:11:37 PM »
Like to go back to Norway oneday

Likewise Jethro, however it looks like it may be the Alps this year [The Gods permitting].

andy230

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 05:51:29 PM »
That was last year for me.  It was lovely.

This year, I am trying my damndest to put her off motorcycles forever, by taking a week or so round scotland by ES2.  Ho Ho!!  She's going to hate me!!!   :D

a

Steve H

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »
This year, I am trying my damndest to put her off motorcycles forever, by taking a week or so round scotland by ES2.  Ho Ho!!  She's going to hate me!!!   :D
Do you have any dates in mind, Pat and I were toying with the idea of long weekend in Scotland.

guest146

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
The more I read and see pictures the more I fancy going to Norway. If anyone ever gets a trip up  let me know.

Ken

I've been along that road !

Along the way we entered a tunnel in sunshine,came out the other side and there was several feet of snow either side ! :-\

As we got closer and started down the switch back road,one of many in Norway.
We found ourselves looking down on the Town and in the Fjiord a full blown Cruise Liner,quite close to shore.
And they looked tiny from the top of the road.
Stayed in a Hytter at the top,looking down and out across the Fjiord.
Found an impressive waterfall too,one that you could walk behind.

Ah ! Happy Days !
Like to go back to Norway oneday.

Jethro

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:58:36 PM »
Do you have any dates in mind, Pat and I were toying with the idea of long weekend in Scotland.

Second that ;D Well up for a re-visit, but this time along the West coast. I want to visit the spot furthest west in the British isles
Live long, live well, live happy

themoudie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »
Rockall ? ;D

andy230

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »

Oooh!!  Just saw this!

Yes, am nearly certain i will be going up on August 13th (wednesday), to prep the ES2, and then get it MOT'd by the end of that week.

Then She'll come up (glasgow) on the friday, and we'll spend a week or so puttering about and I'll be back at work on the Monday 25th.

However, you are aware that 1959 brit singles are very slow. 2 up. With luggage. 

Are these dates any good?  Probably not the best for weather, but its always crap, and the race dates have to take priority

cheers

a

themoudie

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »
Ardnamurchan midges! ;D

Bit more choice in wining and dining out there these days and some of the B&B aren't bad but it'll no be cheap! ???

School holidays and all 'that'.

I'll keep my eye on this thread, if I may?

My regards, Bill.

squirrelciv

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:46:12 PM »
Those dates are no good for me I'm afraid. As Bill says, School hols and me with two small boys. A pass at that time of year is going to be impossible.

Mind you looking at the Squirrel budget, any sort of trip this year looks doubtful :'(
Live long, live well, live happy

Simon#83

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

Speaking of Norway, anyone fancy this!:

http://www.fjordrally.de/

Simon
KTM Duke II
Royal Enfield Himalayan

Bruce

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 05:21:43 PM »
What about The Krystal Rally held about the same time as The Dragon and The Elefant Rally I have not a link for it sorry

guest7

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 07:45:08 PM »
They don't let you camp at the Krystal anymore (since they found someone frozen dead in their tent) and the hotel rooms are £60+

GC

Steve H

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »
Those dates are no good for me I'm afraid. As Bill says, School hols and me with two small boys. A pass at that time of year is going to be impossible.

Mind you looking at the Squirrel budget, any sort of trip this year looks doubtful :'(

Unfortunately the dates are a bit close to my annual holiday as well.
Bill, I'll have a chat with Pat to see if hes still keen, and if so sort out a rough date. Out of school holidays and earlier in the year would probabaly be better for me as well.

andy230

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:34:17 AM »
sorry chaps, thats a shame    :'(

I can't even be flexible with dates cos of the racing.

Oh well.  When we break down, I'll just have to brave it alone (with her, making tea, in the pishing rain, on a camping stove.  Or MOD hexi stove, as you are all familiar with my tightness    ;)

a